Saturday, December 16, 2006

Butter Toffee Recipe

Sorry this is off topic but I need to post my cookie exchange recipe. I've been making this recipe since I was in college (over 25 years). I make it every Christmas and it never fails.

2 1/4 C sugar
1 t. salt
1/2 water
1 1/4 salted butter
1 Bar (4 oz) Ghirardelli Bitterseet Chocolate
1 C Chopped Nuts (usu. Walnuts or Pecans)

Combine first four ingredients in a heavy 3 Quart pot. Stir constantly and bring mixture up to 290 degrees (hard crack stage) on a candy thermometer. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Let cool until hard and then melt chocolate. Spread over Toffee and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Cool until chocolate solidifies and break into pieces.

Don't ask me how many calories are in this candy, I don't want to know.
Happy Holidays,
Libby Mihalka

No comments: